First Communion, c. 1910 Immaculate Heart of Mary Church Sanctuary in 1930's Polish Ambassador's visit

Photo Archive - Immaculate Heart of Mary Church

The Church of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary, as Immaculate Heart Church was originally known, was founded on May 3, 1894.  Research into its centennial history prompted the founding of the Slavic Village Historical Society in 1995.  The windows in the current church building were created by The Munich Studio of Chicago;  there is a separate section devoted to the installations of this studio in the Cleveland area.
House where first Mass was celebrated in 1894
 Select a topic from the drop-down list

 
Rev. Anton F. Kolaszewski, founder of church