Immaculate Heart of Mary Church - History N to Z

Click description to view / download photograph
"
Description of Photograph
Francesco Satolli, Apostolic Delegate to U.S, 1893
Armenian Archbishop Renee Villatte, consecrated original church in 1894
Oliver M. Stafford, friend of Rev. Kolaszewski
Oliver M. Stafford, friend of Rev. Kolaszewski
First Communion class shown beside original church building, organist/teacher Anthony Matuszewski shown with children, c. 1910
Organist, Anthony Matuszewski, and choir
organist, Anthony Matuszewski, and group
original rectory built in 1894
rectory and church staff with Msgr. Orzechowski
Marion J. Orzechowski, pastor from 1912 to 1932
original convent composed of several attached houses
property map showing current church, c.1914
original Felgemacher tracker-action pipe organ
original sanctuary
original sanctuary
original sanctuary
east transept of current church, before renovation in 1960
west transept of current church, before renovation in 1960
Blessed Virgin side altar
William Peters Company, millwork supplier for current church building
William Peters Company, millwork supplier for current church building
Construction of current school building, 1925
Construction of current school building, 1925
Completed school building, Lansing Avenue view
WW II letter-writing in old rectory basement, July 1943
priests on picnic
Boy Scout Troop 145
current convent, home of Slavic Village Historical Society
Union of Poles in America, East 65th and Lansing; building currently houses Polish Cultural Center
sanctuary after renovation in 1960
salvaged section of main altar in home of parishioner Mrs. Emily Szymanski
construction of current rectory and administration building in 1964
parish Renewal Team, 1977
Sister Marlene, Mr. Grabowski, and PTA members
former Walkowiak Funeral Home property deeded to parish